Click Here to View the App Set up Guide
- To reset a camera hold the reset/WPS button for 10 seconds.
- If you change a password on one of the cameras then ensure that you also change the password for this camera in any tool you are accessing it with. This includes the Burg IP tool and an NVR (clicking the edit icon on the camera registration screen).
- If you are using standalone cameras with no recorder (referred to as NVR in this booklet) please note they will require SD cards for storage as they do not built in storage.
- Configure any cameras before mounting.
Step 1: Connect to network.
Step 2: P2P with App device.
Step 3: Set time and Date.
Step 4: Format SD card.
Step 5: Create App live views and alerts.
Step 6: Optional Advanced Settings.
Connect Cameras to WiFi Network:
Option 1: Connect using WPS
This connection may fail depending on your Wi-Fi router and security settings, if so then proceed to option 2 initially.NOTE: After connecting you must configure recording settings to choose motion detection or 24/7 recording.
- Insert SD card into slot shown in diagram above.
- Connect camera power supply. (Close proximity to router ideally).
- Activate WPS on the camera by holding the button for 2 seconds (green light will blink fast). Then activate WPS on the router.WPS Icon
- Wait for the status light to go solid green indicating an network connection.
IF WPS DID NOT WORK THEN TRY THE PLEASE ENABLE WPS ON YOUR ROUTER.
Create P2P Connection from BURGcam App to Camera.
- Download the BURGCam app from the app store on your iPhone or Android device.
- Connect you mobile phone to your Wi-Fi network.
- Open the BURGCam app and open the side menu select ‘Device Manager’.
- Click ‘Add Device’.
- Select ‘P2P’.
- Type a name for the device.
- Click the QR code icon and scan the devices QR code on the bottom of the dome model or side of the bullet. Or manually enter the device serial number. These are found under the dome or on the side of the bullet.
- Default username and password are correct if they have not yet been changed manually.
User name: admin
- Click ‘Start Live Preview.’
Camera Set Up
Your camera is now connected to the network so it can be configured. Connect to your camera:BURG IP Tool: Open the IP config tool which is installed from the disc in the camera package or download it here. Any networked devices will show on the tool. If they do not then refresh. From the tool click the internet icon to connect to the camera, ensure your default web browser is internet explorer to view the live feed, steps to do this are here.
You can also edit some basic time and date settings in this tool as shown here.
Web browser: Enter the camera IP address into internet explorer to connect direct the camera will be given an IP by the router so either logging into the router or using an IP scanner will show the IP. On an IP scanner cameras will show as Santec devices.
Time and Date
To set the camera date and time open either the IP tool and select the settings option or, go to the camera web browser page and find the following menu Setup > System > General > Date&Time.
In the settings then set sync to PC time, select desired time zone, tick Synchronize and save.
Format SD Card
- Go to Storage > Destination
- Select Local from the top tabs.
- Here it may say error, if so click format on the right hand side.
- It will take a few minutes to format and reset.
- Once complete the camera will reboot, log back in and check the card is reading okay.
Set up App Live View and Alerts
- Open the Live Preview in the app.
- Click the + icon on each window in the preview to add a camera.
- Select the camera and ‘channel’ from the list. (The channel refers to the camera on board channel, in this case always 1).
- Once set click the star icon to save as a favourite view.
- The icon highlighted in the third image below will open the last view when you close and reopen the app to save time.
- Set up alerts in Alarm Manager > Push Config.
- Select camera and enable.
- Next in the menu choose motion detection or any other alerts you want and then the camera again.
- Go back once then click the save icon at the top of the screen.
Camera > Conditions:
Conditions tab, here you can change:
- Standard display settings including brightness and contract
- Day & Night settings:
- Auto, always black & white or colour.
- Sensitivity to light changes.
- Delay to prevent change to night if sensor is only covered temporarily.
- BLC Mode, if looking into a bright zone BLC settings allow a clear image still.
- Mirror, flip the view horizontally.
- Flip, flips the view vertically if the camera is upside down.
- 3DNR, reduces interference if in a signal hot zone.
Profile Management tab, allows multiple profiles to be created and scheduled to activate at certain times to give the best image quality at each time.
Camera > Video Settings:
Video tab, set encoding and resolution for main and sub stream.
Snapshot tab, change settings on image snapshot quality.
- Privacy masking covers an area from the camera if privacy is required.
- Titles can change overlay view on live and playback streams.
Path tab, Select where files are saved when recording or downloading from the web browser.
Network > TCP IP Settings:
- Hostname, change name of the camera on network.
- Ethernet card, set o wire or wireless to suit your needs.
- Mode, change to set static IP if required.
- Gives any information on pairing if required and contains QR code if camera is out of reach.
Network >SMTP Settings
- Set up email alerts as detailed in the video here
Network > UPnP
- Universal plug n play, if enabled this will allow access for any additional networks to view the device feed and recorded data – Not recommended
Network > WiFi
- As detailed in quick start this can be used as an alternative way to set up the camera
Event > Video Detect
Motion Detect tab ,for setting up motion detection as covered earlier.
Video Tamper tab,
- Enable, alerts via app and NVR (If used) if tampering is detected.
- Working period, set this active only at certain times or all the time if required.
Event > Abnormality:
SD Card tab,
- Set alerts via app and email for SD card removed, SD card error or full SD card.
- Enable alerts for network disconnection or IP address conflict.
Illegal Access tab,
- Set alerts when somebody fails log in a set number of times.
Storage > Schedule
- Schedule recording and snapshots for certain times of the day.
Storage > Destination
- Select where event triggers are recorded to.
Storage > Record Control
- Pack duration – length of recording upon motion or event detection
- Pre-event Record – time to record prior to event detection
- Disk full – Overwrite or stop recording when memory is full
- Record Mode – automatic on events or schedule or only manual
- Record Stream – Set to record from main live stream or sub stream to save memory.
- Select where files are saved when recording or downloading from the web browser.